Thursday 13 October 2011

How it starts.

How it starts

I was talking to a friend about a favourite group [which happens to be Cahalen Morrison and Eli West] and he said that he had recommended the band's music to a colleague.  After a while the colleague contacted him and when asked how he liked the band he replied - their music is haunting me.

I knew the feeling. 
I play music and there are some tunes which I hear I have to learn how to play, to hear it my way, to alter it, live it, feel it.
I hear music and I have to track it down and acquire it - I need to be able to play it as required.

This isn't a new thing and the music covers a massive range of artists, genres and styles; the range of emotions the music triggers is as wide but always immediate and deep.

This blog, this thing, is an attempt to explain what I mean.  I know it's supposed to be difficult to describe music in words but words are all I have.

HbM

Music that haunts me.
On God's Rocky Shore by Cahalen Morrison and Eli West
Family Life by Blue Nile
Hollow Point by Chris Wood
Michaelswood by Catriona McKay & Chris Stout
I think everything's going to turn out fine by Ry Cooder

No comments:

Post a Comment